Got a question? We'd love to hear from you. Send us a message and we'll respond as soon as possible.
Become a Cyber Security Professional and earn up to £70,000!!
Build Your Career in Cyber Security
Start Learning Today
0121 389 0414
Cyber Security Overview
The Cyber Security package covers all aspects of the Cyber industry. Netcom Online Learning offers training for official vendor qualifications. This package is a complete career package that consists of the top 5 most employable qualifications in the industry.
What is Cyber Security?
So what is cyber security? Cybersecurity is the body of technologies, processes and practices designed to protect networks, computers, programs and data from attack, damage or unauthorized access. In a computing context, security includes both cybersecurity and physical security.
What does cyber security include? Cyber security includes controlling physical access to the hardware, as well as protecting against harm that may come via network access, data and code injection. Also, due to malpractice by operators, whether intentional, accidental, IT security is susceptible to being tricked into deviating from secure procedures through various methods.
This field is of growing importance due to the increasing reliance on computer systems and the Internet, wireless networks such as Bluetooth and Wi-Fi, the growth of “smart” devices, including smartphones, televisions and tiny devices as part of the Internet of Things.
Why choose a career in Cyber Security? There are hundreds of job titles in cyber security and it is a field that is rapidly growing, some of the top positions include:
- Security Analyst
- Security Engineer
- Security Architect
- Security Administrator
- Security Software Developer
- Security Consultant
What does Cyber Security include?
This is a flexible programme, where you can choose when and where to study. The amount of hours you put into the course, is completely up to you. It is designed to fit around your work, home life. You will not have any pressure to complete your course. On average our students spend around 10-15 hours a week on studying online.
- Learn Cisco Network Security: 210- 260 IINS
- CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP)
- Cloud Computing Security Knowledge (CCSK)
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
- PMI’s Risk Management Professional
- CompTIA Security+ SY0-501
Full access anywhere and anytime
- You will get a full membership for 12 months. You can access the course at any time and anywhere in the world for a period of 12 months.
- This is a highly advanced online training simulator which hosts all of your courses, visual demos, media presentations, exam preps and most important than all, mock exams! By using the mock exams, you will be ensured that you are ready to take the official exam and get certified without fail.
- Netcom Online Learning will also support you with your employment opportunities. Whether you are employed and looking for a promotion or change of career, or if you are struggling to find a job, we will help you to spice up your CV and also send you UK wide job updates on a weekly basis so you have your options wide open. With Cyber Security being one of the biggest skill shortage areas in the UK job market, currently there are two applicants for every three jobs advertised and the industry demand is predicted to be 1.5 million by 2022, you will have no issues being discovered by employers
Not only we offer 12 months membership for our online portal, but we also have face to face boot-camps by the industry professionals in a state of the art facility based in our hub in Birmingham! After you sign up, we will send you a 12 month calendar of the boot-camps so you can choose which one is more suitable for you to attend. You have the option to attend a boot-camp session for each programme that you are signed up for, however these boot-camps are not mandatory. For example, if you are registering for a package of five courses, you can access the boot-camp for all five of the courses.